Stage 1 of the Santos Tour Down Under will leave from Port Adelaide on Tuesday 16th January 2018 for the first time in 20 years. This special event titled “Peloton in the Port” is a fabulous opportunity to showcase the Port and our community in all its diversity and creativity.
Artists are invited to be a part of the Port Community Art Centre’s (PCAC) “Colour Wheel” exhibition at the Black Diamond Gallery, supported by the City of PAE. The “Colour Wheel” exhibition aims to provide a link between the TDU cycling event, “Peloton in the Port” and art, on the backdrop of Port community spirit.
Please direct enquiries to Debra Thorsen on 0401 076 560.
Member and non-member artists of all ages are eligible to enter
- Artists may submit up to 3 entries
- Artwork sizes are limited to up to 1000mm x 1000mm
- All artwork must be the original work of the artist
- All works $15 each
- Oversized work (more than 1000mm wide or high ) will incur $25 entry fee
- Entry fees may be paid by cash, cheque, and electronic transfer or credit card
- Cheques to be made out to Port Community Arts Centre
- Entry and courier fees are non-refundable
- Must be correctly completed and signed and accompanied by the appropriate fee
- Entry forms must be addressed to Port Community Arts Centre, 66 Commercial Road, Port Adelaide SA 5015
CLOSING DATE for receipt of Exhibition Entry Forms is Saturday 6 January, at 4pm.
- All works must be professionally prepared and ready for hanging with flat D rings attached to the back, 10cm from the top edge
- Each work must be clearly labelled on the reverse side including the title, medium, artist‚ address name and price
- Works not ready for hanging will not be accepted
DELIVERY OF ARTWORKS
- Artists can deliver their work to the Black Diamond Gallery, 66 Commercial Road, Port Adelaide on Saturday 6th January 11am to 4pm by ringing 0401 076 560 to arrange drop off time.
- Normal delivery time is Wednesday 10th January 2pm - 6pm. Artworks arriving after this date will not be accepted
CARE & RESPONSIBILITY
- PCAC will take all reasonable care with works submitted but will accept no responsibility for the loss or damage to any work in its care or in transit to or from the exhibition site
- Artists and photographers are advised to insure their entries against damage or loss
- Every endeavour will be put in place to hang all works received, if due to limited space this cannot be achieved, then works will hung as per the artist preferences
SALE OF ARTWORKS
- All artwork must be for sale and inclusive of GST
- Sales will attract a commission of 20%
- Artworks sold during the exhibition will remain until the exhibition closes
- The exhibition will be opened Saturday 13 January, 2018 at 2.00pm
- The exhibition will run from Sunday 14 January to Sunday 21 January 11am to 4pm daily
- The exhibition will be open on Tuesday 16 January for “Peloton in the Port” from 9am to 4pm
RETURN OF ARTWORKS
- Artists may collect their works directly from the Black Diamond Gallery between 4pm and 6pm on Sunday 21 January
- Artists must show their receipt before artwork will be returned
- Artwork for which no return arrangements have been made after 30 days will be disposed of at the discretion of the PCAC Board
- Prizes will be presented to the winning artists and photographers at the official opening or posted to the address on the entry form.
PAYMENT OF SALES PROCEEDS
- Cheques for the proceeds of sales, less commission, will be posted within 30 days, to the address on the entry form