Last month, we released our draft 2018-2019 Annual Business Plan, Budget and Long Term Financial plan. If approved as proposed, we will deliver the following major projects for the community during 2018-2019:
· The Lights Community and Sports Centre
· Kilburn Blair Athol Renewal projects
· Taperoo Reserve development
· Roy Marten Reserve improvement
· Significant flood proofing across the city
· Four Major Traffic Management Plans (Enfield South, Rosewater, Northfield and Greenacres)
· SMART Cities Development
We will also deliver a number of initiatives responding to what you said in the Community Survey 2017, which included:
· Activation of Enfield Community Centre
· Delivery of a community safety plan
· Greening Greenacres, Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEAM) residency and other library based initiatives
· Delivery of a significant events program for the community including the Klemzig Summer Series
We have listened to the community and worked hard to keep rates low, proposing an small increase to match the South Australian CPI of 2.3%. We strive to keep rate rises to a minimum and are always looking for other sources of income, such as grants, collaborations and investments, to support the delivery of our services, programs and facilities. Every dollar that is paid to Council in rates is invested in the community; to make our streets safer, to maintain spaces to play and relax, to manage waste , to help people feel healthy and included, to create jobs and much more. If you would like to know more about how your rates will be at work in our community during 2018-2019, visit http://online.portenf.sa.gov.au/cityplan/rates-at-work
The period set aside for consultation on the documents is nearly over, so if you want to provide feedback about what has been proposed, now is the time to do it. We have received some great feedback about what your priorities and interests are.
A special Council meeting was held at the Civic Centre on Tuesday 22 May to enable community members to ask questions or offer ideas to Council about what is proposed for the next financial year, and we will inform the community once the documents have been finalised.