Port River East Stormwater Management Plan
The Port River Stormwater Management Plan (SMP) aims to improve understanding of stormwater management related issues, while guiding future decision making about how we manage flood risk and improve the quality of stormwater. The catchment area covered by the SMP includes the suburbs of Port Adelaide, Queenstown, Alberton and Rosewater.
The plan has been prepared by the City of Port Adelaide Enfield Council, with joint funding from the Stormwater Management Authority and Adelaide Mount Lofty Ranges Natural Resource Management Board in partnership with a consultant team led by Southfront.
Community consultation has been completed and feedback from the community and technical steering group will be reviewed to inform the final Stormwater Management Plan.
For more information on this project, please contact Tony Tran, Project Lead - Stormwater, on 8405 6600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Stage 1 - Project Start up May 2017
- Review existing catchment reports and stormwater designs
- Undertake hydrogeological investigation
- Undertake review of marine habitats
Stage 2 - Nov 2017 to January 2019
- Undertake preliminary community consultation
- Setup a decision making matrix using the technique of multiple criteria analysis
- Examine development potential in the study area
- Identification of problems and opportunities for improvement
- Investigate opportunities for stormwater management and provide recommendations
- Prepare draft stormwater master plan
Stage 3 - January 2019 to June 2019
- Undertake community consultation regarding the draft stormwater management plan
- Review feedback from community and technical steering group
- Finalise stormwater management plan