Download our new Visit Port Adelaide app and take a trip around historical Port Adelaide! The app will help you find somewhere to eat or something special to see, and features interactive maps, information and guides. You can also plan out your trip using the Day Planner feature.
The app features a number of tours including Walk the Port, Heritage Plaques and a Ghosts of the Port ghost hunting tour with augmented reality.
As well as the app, we have installed the very latest Interactive Wayfinding Signage through a brand new Smart Kiosk next to the Lighthouse, to make digital content available to visitors 24 hours a day.
The City of PAE Smart Cities Project is the culmination of over two years of research and development, and was made possible thanks to a Smart Cities grant from the Federal Government.
The full project includes;
- A State of the art 55” 4K Interactive Touch Screen Kiosk installed in the heart of the Port.
- A smartphone app for your iPhone or Android phone that includes the latest real time way-finding, routing, geofencing and contextual alerts.
- Location-based augmented reality Ghosts of The Port game.
- A business registration portal to allow local businesses to self register on the platform.
- Real time content management, dynamic updating, and data analysis to allow us to see tourism hotspots and use this data to improve the tourism experience for visitors and help local businesses to make the most of opportunities
The Smart Kiosk next to the lighthouse will also allow visitors to find their way around and learn more about the local area, attractions, businesses and history, no matter what time of the day or night they visit. This project was created and implemented by the City of PAE with input from local Port Adelaide businesses and was funded by a Smart Cities grant from the Federal Government.
Download the app for free today by visiting the Apple or Play Store and searching for "Visit Port Adelaide".