Complaints and Feedback
Council welcomes feedback about our services at any time, but particularly if you have a concern or complaint about the way that we have provided a service. If you are dissatisfied with a product or service delivered by the Council, its Elected Members, staff, volunteers or a third party that represents the Council.
We are committed to the principles of transparency and fairness when handling customer feedback.
When you contact us, you can expect to:
- be treated with courtesy and respect
- have assistance provided to facilitate communication, which may include arranging an interpreter or involving an advocate
- be advised that the matter has been received and be kept informed about the timeframes expected for a response
- have your matter considered quickly and fairly
- have your matter handled confidentially, where appropriate
- be provided with information about other options for resolution that are available
- receive feedback or an outcome to your matter
In return, we ask that you treat our Elected Members, staff, volunteers and representatives with the same courtesy and respect. Vexatious, malicious or discriminatory behaviour towards any Council officer will not be tolerated. Council keeps a record of reports received each year and improvements that have been made as a result of complaints received. You can find more information about complaints received by Council in our Annual Report.
Our Public Integrity Guide outlines your options should you wish you wish to compliment, or make a complaint about Council. The types of communication detailed within the Guide include:
- Comments and compliments
- Requests for information
- Requests for service
- Freedom of Information applications
- Internal Review of Council Decisions (Section 270 of the Local Government Act).
Further details about lodging a grievance related to the impact of the declaration of rates or services charges can be found in Council's rate rebate policy.
- Complaints directed to the Ombudsman
- Complaints directed to the Office of Public Integrity
If you wish to make a complaint online, please use the 'Online services' link below.
Internal Review of Council Decision Section 270 Form(PDF, 184.97 KB)
Public Integrity - Complaints & Investigations Policy(PDF, 351.52 KB)
Public Integrity Handbook 2019(PDF, 1175.84 KB)