Lodging an Application
The Development Act 1993 states that any activity falling under the definition of “Development” requires approval. The activities include:
- Advertising sign
- Alteration, conversion, addition or external painting of heritage building or place
- Change in the use of land
- Construction, alteration or addition to a building or structure
- Demolition of building
- Division of an allotment
- Excessive pruning or removal of a significant tree or regulated tree
- Solar panels on tilt frame
The City of Port Adelaide Enfield endeavors to make lodging development applications quick and easy and provide you with various ways to lodge using one of the methods listed below:
- online: refer to "Lodge Development Application" (above)
- in person/courier: at Council Civic Centre, 163 St Vincent St, Port Adelaide
- by post: to PO BOX 110, Port Adelaide, SA 5015
Upon receiving the development application form and relevant documentation, an invoice will be send to the applicant with the relevant fees requires to be paid. Applicants can make payments by cheque or credit card by ringing 8405 6600, quoting the development application number.
Council will not commence assessment until all fees are paid.
All applications for development other than land division are to be submitted to the Council together with:
- Development Application Form available in Related Documents and Power Declaration Form. (*)
- Site Plan (minimum scale 1:200). (*)
- Floor plan and Elevations (minimum scale 1:100). (*)
- Technical Specifications (for example manufacturer’s span tables, engineers report)
- Supporting Documentation
- Certificate of Title to confirm site boundaries and easements on the property,
- Construction Industry Training Levy Receipt (if building work exceeds $40,000)
Mandatory documents marked with an (*)
Please download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat to utilise this form.
Note: Form cannot be filled in and saved in Google Chrome, you will need to save the file and then open in Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill in details and save the file and then open in Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill in details and save.
For a Land Division application, it must be lodged with the State Commission Assessment Panel (SCAP).