Annual Business Plan & Budget
We continually strive to lead the way as a City of opportunity that supports community wellbeing, cares for our natural environment and heritage and is a place where people love to be.
The 2019-2020 Annual Business Plan and Budget, and Long Term Financial Plan have both been developed to define our commitments and funding requirements. These are based on what you have told us in the past and results from the 2018 community survey as well as our ongoing obligations. The documents demonstrate our commitment to the City Plan 2030 vision.
Our City Plan Vision
A city that values its diverse community and embraces change through innovation, resilience and community leadership.
The 2019-2020 Annual Business Plan & Budget is a forward looking plan that is focussed on maintaining and renewing assets we already have, whilst delivering a diverse range of community services and programs.We have included a small buffer of $944K, for any unexpected shocks, and to ensure that we can keep our rates at an acceptable level, with a proposed rate revenue increase of 1.9%.
2018-2019 was a year for new assets, to replace some very old and tired ones. We built a new Parks Library, Taperoo Reserve, Hanson Reserve and Velodrome and Roy Marten Park. We are also building the Lights Community and Recreation Centre, which should be completed late this year. So 2019-2020 is a time for consolidation and the City of Port Adelaide Enfield has two primary goals:
- To undertake a comprehensive review of our operating budget for current programs and services, and
- To ensure that asset maintenance and renewal aligns more closely with our community expectations.
In addition to the 2019-2020 Annual Business Plan & Budget, the Long Term Financial Plan has been drafted to define our long term commitment and funding requirements.
|Operating Income||$123.6 million|
|Operating Expenditure||$122.7 million|
|Capital Expenditure||$43.7 million|
Based on the information derived from the community from our annual survey, Council is committed to a number of priorities and key activities being delivered in 2019-2020 including:
- Continuing to improve our engagement with local businesses and investors;
- Focusing on better understanding and addressing health and wellbeing needs of the community, particularly for elderly, people with disabilities, non-English speaking;
- Promoting safety in the community through effective programs, asset and facilities maintenance and renewal;
- Delivering on our commitments towards sustainable waste management and recycling;
- Continuing to improve access to community spaces, arts and cultural activities across the city;
- Using our knowledge and understanding of our community in building better relationship and improving our social licence;
- In addition, Council has expressed a strong commitment to asset renewal and sustainability for now and future generations.
Annual Business Plan and Budget Summary
The full list of these activities appears in the Draft 2019-2020 Annual Business Plan and Budget.
Council will be continuing with a comprehensive capital works program totalling $43.7 million in 2019- 20. This will enable us to deliver the following:
- $13.1million (15km) in road reconstruction, re-seal and design
- $8.4 million in storm water design and construction and pump station projects
- $6.7 million for construction of Lights Community and Sports Centre
- $3.4 million in new and replacement footpaths
- $2.9 million to upgrade parks and gardens facilities
- $2.8 million in the design and implementation of Local Area Traffic Management plans
- $2.6 million in plant and machinery to delivery our capital projects
- $1.8 million for building & infrastructure improvements
- $1.2 million in minor capital works
- $800,000 in foreshore works including fence, irrigation and furniture upgrades
- $500,000 to deliver three playgrounds
How Your Rate Dollars will be Invested in the Community
Every dollar of your rates makes it possible for us to undertake a huge number of activities that help keep our community vibrant, safe and healthy. Click the link below to see the breakdown.
Draft Annual Business Plan and Budget 2019-2020
The Annual Business Plan describes how council will allocate its budget and the services and projects that will be undertaken in the forthcoming financial year in order to meet its City Plan goals.
Annual Business Plan and Budget 2019-2020(PDF, 4126.93 KB)
Draft Long Term Financial Plan
This draft document presents our plan on how we can deliver services, maintain services and achieve our City Plan 2030 outcomes while maintaining financial sustainability.
Long Term Financial Plan 2019-20(PDF, 765.84 KB)
Have your Say
Our community was invited to have a say about the 2019-2020 Draft Annual Business Plan and Budget and Draft Long Term Financial Plan during April and May 2019. The closing date for submissions was Friday 10 May.
A Special Meeting of Council was held on Tuesday 21 May 2019 for members of the public to speak on their submissions, make verbal submissions and ask questions concerning the plan and budget.
A summary of this information is available on the below form, which includes space for written comments. We are also in the process of having this information translated into other languages and these translations will be added here as they become available.
繁体中文 - Chinese traditional - Annual Business Plan Summary Information and feedback (form PDF, 180.99 KB)