COVID-19 response
Toggle dismiss alert

For the latest information about the City of PAE’s response to the COVID-19 situation please visit this page.

Dismiss alert

Event Organisers

If you are thinking about organising a community event within the City of Port Adelaide Enfield, the Special Events Information Kit is the best place to start. The Information Kit contains useful information about how to access relevant Council services and 'best practice' guidelines for conducting professional & successful events. The Information Kit also contains a range of Special Events Forms and a guide to Risk Management Planning.

Events information kit(PDF, 4088.73 KB)

Event Grants

Apply for a grant of up to 50% of the event cost (community events up to $7,500, regional events up to $15,000) for events in the City of PAE.

We want to bring events to PAE that;
* Benefit local businesses
* Attract tourists and visitors
* Celebrate social and cultural diversity
* Activate our places
* Acknowledge cultural and sporting occasions

More information available here

Get in touch to tell us about your event idea so we can work together and provide support before you submit your application. Call 8405 6972 or email

Events on Reserve and Roads

There are a number of reserves around our City that are suitable for staging events. Event Organisers wishing to conduct their event on any of Council's public reserves or on a road must first obtain permission from Council and complete an application form. Events may not be conducted on Council land without an approved Licence (reserves) and/or Permit (roads).

Application for events on reserves & roads

Special events food safety notification form

Process for road closures(PDF, 153.29 KB)

Semaphore Foreshore Map(PDF, 5555.15 KB)

Water Based Activities

The Port River is part of the Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary and is protected under the Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary Act 2005. The sanctuary has wide implications for any event being conducted on water. There are a range of river stakeholders that you must consult as part of your preliminary event planning

What to do

  • Contact the following organisations.
  • Department of Planning, Transport & Infrastructure (Marine Safety Division)
  • City of Port Adelaide Enfield
  • Department for Environment & Heritage – Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary
  • Whale & Dolphin Conservation Society
  • Renewal SA (if using Port Adelaide wharf/pontoons)

Events in the Port Adelaide Waterfront Precinct

The Port Adelaide Waterfront Precinct offers a range of locations suitable for staging events.

The public areas (Hart’s Mill, Cruickshanks Corner, Black Diamond (Lighthouse) Square, Lartelare Park) of the waterfront precinct are managed by RenewalSA. Contact RenewalSA to book these spaces.

Dry Zones

A Dry area is a designated area where the consumption and possession of alcohol in unsealed containers is prohibited under the Liquor Licensing Act 1997.

Council has 4 Dry Areas located in the following areas:

  • Jack Watkins Reserve located on Churchill Road, Kilburn (next to Costco)
  • Port Canal Reserve and Joyce Snadden Reserve in Port Adelaide
  • Semaphore Foreshore including the northern car park from South Tce to Derby St
  • Time Ball Tower located on the corner of Semaphore Rd and The Esplanade

A temporary Dry Area also exists along Semaphore Rd from Causeway Road to The Esplanade on New Years Eve and Australia Day.

Promoting Your Event

If you are planning a community event and would like some extra promotion, Council can assist. Our community newsletter, the Pen2Paper, features an event listing, and events can also be submitted for inclusion on our website.

Submit an event

The City of Port Adelaide Enfield, through its Events Sponsorship Program, aims to provide financial and in-kind support to organisations conducting festivals and other special events, which generate tourism activity and increase the public profile of the City of Port Adelaide Enfield.

The sponsorship program receives applications twice per year. Please read the Sponsorship Guidelines carefully before applying.

Event Considerations

Where Council has provided funding for an event, a Council representative, usually the Mayor, should be informed of the event and invited to attend. If you wish the Mayor or other representative to make a speech at your event, please complete the Speech form.

Elected Member attendance and speech protocol (PDF, 276.87 KB)