Membership & Services
Join your local library today. Membership is free.
Your library card gives you access to a range of services including books, magazines, ebooks and audio books, free WiFi, public computers, photocopying, technology, programs and events. Become a member by visiting any of our libraries or join via the online catalogue.
To join you'll simply need identification with a current address to enjoy the full offerings from the library. Children (under 18) require a parent or legal guardian to sign a registration form with identification including a current address.
Membership also allows you to borrow, return, enjoy the technology and participate at over 130 libraries across South Australia with the One Card Network. If you haven't visited the library for a while, take a virtual tour of Port Adelaide Library.
Library brochure(PDF, 835.01 KB)
Some services are on hold due to COVID-19. Please call your local branch to confirm what services are on offer.
- Public computers with internet access and Microsoft Office software
- Online resources including courses and training
- Online library catalogue available 24/7
- Libraries SA App, available in iOS and Android
- Inter-library loans
- Colour or black and white printing (charges apply)
- Wireless printing (charges apply)
- Emerging technology for use and hire including 3D printers
- Basic computer training
- Basic internet training
- Community rooms and meeting rooms available for hire with audio visual equipment available at some sites
- Workspaces with USB ports
- Reference query referral service
- Fax service
- Confidential waste paper disposal service
- Council services (Greenacres and Enfield Libraries)
- Toy Collection (Parks Library)
- Makerspace and Media Room (Parks Library)
- Changing place - an inclusive space to support those who require additional support (Parks Library)
- Local History Collection (Port Adelaide Library)
Home Library Service
If you can’t come into the library due to illness or disability, our free Home Library Service can come to you with books and resources straight to your door. We can also arrange visits and delivery to retirement villages and nursing homes.
The monthly Home Library Service ensures our residents can continue to enjoy the benefits of their library membership.
For more information contact Enfield Library, 8405 6530 or email@example.com
Special home delivery - Library To You
- Aged 70 years or over
- Frontline healthcare worker
- In mandatory isolation (eg. due to travel or other Government directive, not just voluntary self-isolation)
- Medical condition (eg. immune deficiency, short-term injury or illness that restricts mobility)
- Accessibility limitations (eg. in care or guardianship, parent of young children unable to leave house)
Community and Meeting Rooms
Community and meeting rooms are available for use and hire, ideal for your next event, class or meeting. You’ll also find kitchen and audio visual facilities at some sites. To book, or to find out more about the rooms, you can email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free access to public computers, internet and WiFi is available at all of our libraries.
To use the library computers you need a valid library card, from any South Australian library and your four digit PIN. Book a computer in the library, book online or by phone. Bookings are made for a maximum of 60 minutes with a daily limit of two hours access.
- Young people, under the age of 18, must have authorisation from a parent or guardian to be able to use computers in the library.
- Visitors from interstate and overseas can be issued with a daily guest pass to use computers and the Internet. Proof of age and identity is required.
- Customers are welcome to bring their own USB memory sticks. Phones and tablets can also be connected to the computers with your own USB cable.
- Printing in both black and white and colour and in A4 and A3 sizes can be done from the public computer (there is a charge). You can also print from home.
- A scanner is available for loan from some sites. Alternatively, customers can scan documents directly to a USB using the photocopier/printer - see staff for assistance.
Wireless Internet access
Customers can access the free WiFi with their own device including tablets, smart phones and laptops with their library card number and PIN. There is a daily download limit of 1GB.
Justice of the Peace - Libraries
On occasion, Justices of the Peace may not be able to attend in the allotted timeslot. Please contact your local Library before attending to confirm availability on the day.
Justices of the Peace (JP) are available at the following times:
Fortnightly beginning August 8
10:00am - 12:00pm
|Port Adelaide Library||-||9.30am-10.30am||-||-||-||-||-|