COVID-19 response

For the latest information about the City of PAE’s response to the COVID-19 situation please visit this page.

Dismiss alert


Residents, businesses and visitors to our city must obtain a permit before carrying out certain activities within the Council area.

Applying for, and getting a Council permit, gives approval to carry out the requested activity. Costs are associated with some permit applications, fees are to be paid prior to a permit being approved. Council may attach such conditions to a permit as it thinks fit, and may vary, revoke or impose new conditions by notice in writing.

Road Permits

Permits are required to conduct certain activities on Council land, such as roadways and footpaths.

If you wish to apply for a Permit the following MUST be provided:

  • Certificate of Currency (Public Liability Insurance Minimum $10 million)
  • Detailed site plan showing all activities and dimensions
  • Payment of a $31.00 Application fee

Applications can be made online via Council's Online Services website. Please use link below.

For further information or to make a payment please contact our Customer Relations Team on 8405 6600.

eCouncil - Online Services

Liquor Licensing

Liquor licenses are granted by Consumer and Business Services (previously known as the Office of the Liquor and Gambling Commission).

To apply for a liquor license visit the Consumer and Business Services website or call 131 882.

Consumer and Business Services

Memorial Plaques on Seating

To commemorate the contribution of members of the community to the social, cultural or political aspects and the development of our City, we accept applications for memorial plaques on seating. A memorial plaque on seating helps recognise the contribution of a person (or persons) who has made a significant contribution to community, for example, as a member of a community group or sporting organisation, or as a volunteer. For more information refer to Councils Policy – Installation of memorial plaques on seats located on Councils Policies page.
Applications for memorial plaques on seating must be received in writing, by completing the Memorial on seat or tree application form PDF, 59.63 KB.

Residential Parking Exemptions

To be eligible for a Residential Parking Exemption (Parking Permit) you MUST meet the following criteria:

  • Be a resident of the Council area (owner occupier and/or tenant with a current lease)
  • Have no access to parking on the property

Where there is Time Limit parking control in effect at the front of a residential property, the Residential Parking Exemption will enable vehicles to park beyond the time limit without penalty.

For more information on obtaining a Residential Parking Exemption please select Parking.

Reserve Use Permits

A permit application form must be completed when you wish to hire Council Reserves for private events where any infrastructure is required, or if you want to fundraise in Council areas.