COVID-19 response

As of Monday 18 May, the Civic Centre in Port Adelaide is open to the public.  Information about the opening of Council facilities is available here
For more detailed information about particular services that may have been impacted due to restrictions click here

Please contact us by phone 8405 6600, complete a request via our website or email

Dismiss alert

Road Closures & Fireworks

When community or special events are set to occur, in some cases local road closures are schueduled. Road closures help Council to ensure that community events are safe and family friendly. Where possible, information about upcoming road closures will be added to this page.

Fireworks Displays are a great way to celebrate special occasions. Council typically funds or delivers several fireworks displays each year, for events such as New Year's Eve and Australia Day.

Where possible, information about upcoming fireworks displays and road closures will be added to this page.


Individuals, contractors or organisations carrying out works on Council property, below is a list of service authorities that often work within the City of Port Adelaide Enfield. Please check these websites for possible work that may affect your area.

Traffic SA

Torrens Road to River Torrens

For information on the 'Torrens Road to River Torrens Project' - Please contact DPTI on 1300 794 899 or T2T Alliance.

North East Road and Sudholz Road Safety Improvements

For information on the 'North East Road and Sudholz Road Project' - Please contact DPTI on 1300 794 899 or Blacks Road and Sudholz Road.

Fireworks Displays

Firework events include:

  • Councils Christmas Parade,
  • New Year's Eve,
  • Chinese New Years and
  • Australia Day.

If you register your dog with Council, and provide us with a mobile phone number, you will be notified by text message in advance of fireworks organised by Council that are occurring in your area.

In some cases, community groups, churches or schools organise their own fireworks displays, and Council is not always informed when such displays are to occur. Permits are required for fireworks display.

Upcoming displays can be found under public notices

Apply for a Permit


Apply for a Road Closure Event

Process for a Road Closure (PDF, 153.29 KB)