We provide households and businesses with bins to assist in the management of waste and recycling. Residential properties have different bin entitlements to businesses. If you require a new bin, or to report a stolen or damaged bin, please complete the form below.
New and Stolen Bins
If you have built a new house or moved into an existing premises and bins are missing, or if your bin has been stolen, please complete the New or replacement wheelie bin application form.
A-Z Which Bin Search
Unsure of how to correctly dispose of an item, the A-Z Which-Bin search engine can help. Please click on the following link to access the search engine.
Lid missing or damaged or damaged wheels
Lids and wheels can generally be repaired.
To book a free bin repair, please click here to lodge an online request or call the Waste Line 1800 777 844 during office hours.
Holes, and cracks in the bin body
Require a replacement bin. To coordinate a damaged bin replacement, please complete and return the New or Replacement Wheelie Bin application form.
Item Disposal Guide
Blue Lid Waste Bin
- Broken crockery
- Cling wrap
- Disposable coffee cups
- Disposable nappies
- Heat proof glassware
- Old, torn shoes and clothes
- Ropes and hoses
- Sanitary items
Yellow Lid Recycle Bin
- Aluminium cans
- Cartons (liquid paperboard ie juice and milk cartons)
- Cardboard boxes (tip: flatten for space)
- Drink containers
- Glass bottles and jars (rinsed and lids off)
- Hard plastic containers
- Paper (newspaper, junk mail, envelopes, egg cartons)
- Tin cans
- No plastic bags (they get stuck in conveyer belts at recycling facilities)
- Leave newspapers and cardboard unbundled and loose
- Place items in dry
- Remove lids from jars, bottles and plastic containers
- Rinse glass and plastic containers to remove food.
Recyclable items list - Yellow lid bin(PDF, 480.64 KB)
Green Lid Organic Waste Bin
- Baked goods including bread and cakes
- Coffee grounds
- Dairy goods including cheese, cream and yoghurt
- Fruit and Vegetables- Peelings, fruit including citrus and vegetable scraps
- Garden waste (leaves, twigs, small sticks, prunings)
- Meat and Bones - Cooked or raw including bones
- Paper bags
- Pizza boxes with food remains
- Seafood - Fish bones, scales, oyster shells and fishing bait
- Shredded paper
- Tea Bags
Plastic bags and other plastics do not go in the green lid bin as they do not compost.
|1x 140L Waste Bin (Blue lid)|
|1x 240L Recycling Bin (Yellow Lid)|
*While this is the standard entitlement for residential premises at select developments such as units and apartments waste collection system provisions are designed to align with the nature of development.
Businesses are provided with bins to assist in the disposal of lunchroom waste and recyclables, commercially produced waste should be disposed of through commercial waste disposal service providers.
Additional Green Waste Bins - Paid Service
Businesses and Council residents can pay to access 240L 'Greens Bins' for organic waste, including domestic food waste. The annual fee is $78.00 per bin ($38.20 for Pensioner Concessions). A maximum of two (2) additional bins can be accessed. Additional green bins can be purchased through the Port Adelaide Enfield Waste Enquiry Line on 1800 777 844. Invoices to renew access to this service are posted in June of each year.