The City of Port Adelaide Enfield provides a free residential hard waste collection service to assist residents to dispose of waste items too heavy or large for the blue lid bin. Residential properties can access up to 4 collections per calendar year. Bookings must be made in advance and waiting times vary during peak usage.
The maximum items collected per service is 2 6X4 trailer loads or 2 cubic meters. Items must be placed out the night before collection and be able to be safely lifted by 2 people. Items must be on the nature strip in a safe manner, clear of walk ways and not on the street or footpath. Items must not exceed 2 metres in length and 1 metre wide (mattresses exempt).
Items that WILL be collected
- Broken toys
- Electrical items - TV's (3 max per service), computers and computing equipment, toasters etc.
- Furniture - book cases, couches, tall boys etc
- Mattresses (maximum 3 per service)
- Roofing or fencing iron
- White-goods - fridges, freezers, washing machines. Must have doors removed for safety reasons.
Items that WILL NOT be collected
- Ammunition or explosive material
- Car bodies
- Car tyres
- Gas bottles
- Garden waste (trees, bushes)
- Liquid waste such as motor oil and paint,
- Large scrap steel
- Solar panels
- Recyclables that are able to be disposed of in the kerbside recycling bin
Make a Booking
To book online complete the Hard Waste Booking form online or phone the Waste Line (free call) on 1800 777 844 during office hours.
A date will be supplied for collection of the hard waste. Please write down the date and booking number. The booking number will help us investigate in the event of any issues.
The week before the service, a reminder letter will be sent confirming the booking date and service requirements, please do not soley rely on the reminder letter.
This service is only available to residential properties.
Cancel a Booking
To cancel a booking, please call the Waste Line (free call) on 1800 777 844 or send us an email at email@example.com